Sixth Form Dress Code
You are not required to wear school uniform, as lower school do.
We do expect:
- Clothing should be clean and meet a standard of decency
- You may need to smart dress at times, such as attending events, interviews or student leadership events. You will be told about this in advance.
- Clean, unripped jeans of any colour
- Tracksuit bottoms
- Trainers or closed toe shoes of any colour and style
- Hoodies that have no logo/ a small logo
- T shirts that have no logo/ a small logo
- Leggings covered by a long top which reaches no more than 1 inch above the knee
- Shorts or skirts which are no more than 1 inch above the knee
- Shirts and trousers / skirt
Hair: Neat and tidy
Jewellery: Items of jewellery must be appropriate to a professional working environment. We allow the wearing of nose studs for Sixth Form students but no other facial piercing.
Clothing not allowed:
- No revealing clothing, such as revealing tops
- No thin straps/crop tops/low cut/off the shoulder/backless/strapless
- No midriff or shoulders whatsoever on show
- No ripped jeans
- No short skirts/dresses/shorts (more than 1 inch above the knee)
- No offensive slogans/graphic images or dangerous accessories
- No leggings unless they are under a long top/dress that comes to at least 1 inch above the knee
- No tight tracksuit bottoms or Lycra outside of PE lessons or exercise in the gym
- No sliders/flip flops/backless shoes
If there is any uncertainty regarding the appropriateness of a particular item please check with the Sixth Form Year Office before purchasing the item. Any student who is inappropriately dressed will be sent home to change. As a general rule, students should wear clothes which cover their bodies from shoulder to shoulder and down to the knee.