Year 12 - Year 13 Curriculum
Sixth Form Curriculum
The norm for Year 12 and Year 13 is to take three A Level (or equivalent) courses. Each subject has 9 hours a fortnight taught time. In addition there will be an opportunity for students to take the Extended Project Qualification (an investigation into a subject of particular interest) and all students will work towards the completion of the Corfe Hills Senior Diploma.
The Senior Diploma combines aspects of personal and professional development:
- To make each student as employable as possible
- To raise confidence and aspiration
- To provide further pathways through to employment
- To develop stronger links within school and wider community
- There is an expectation that every student will volunteer at least one period of each week to support others.
All Sixth Form students have a tutor session and an assembly as well as timetabled study sessions in the Learning Resource Centre (LRC). During Independent Study periods, students have access to a range of work rooms, Shades and Choices Café and the LRC.